Alice has been tattooing for 5 years. She completed her apprenticeship in Reading and has been working at our studio ever since. Alice is great at all styles, but is best-known for her soft greyshade and neo-traditional tattoo work.
Duncan has been tattooing for 15 years. He is self-taught and can turn his hand to most styles. Please text me on 07487 686658 or email you ideas using the link below.
Gary has been at Area 51 for 4 years and in that time has developed his own style of tattooing. Gary designs and tattoos one-off pieces based on the customer’s own ideas, and will aim to finish a piece same day. He doesn’t do cover-up work. For bookings and enquiries please go to www.garymossman.com where you will find a contact form.
1. It is illegal for us to knowingly tattoo anyone under 18 years old.
2. ID will be required where age is questionable; therefore, please bring photo ID with you on the day to avoid disappointment.
3. Whilst children are more than welcome in our studio, we would ask that parents please respect the need for quiet and concentration. Under 18s will not be permitted in the tattooing rooms.
4. All tattooists at Area 51 are self-employed freelance artists on a “room rental basis” and are solely responsible for their own affairs, including their customers, bookings and finances.
5. The tattooists only accept cash payment for tattoos.
6. Please agree a firm price for your tattoo before work starts, as prices can vary or change once the artwork has been finalised. Hourly rates may also include: time spent drawing, drawing on skin prior to tattooing and preparation time before tattooing.
7. An artwork charge may apply if custom artwork is being prepared outside normal studio hours. Please ask as prices will vary for this service.
8. Please appreciate that we are also human and will sometimes be off ill or have to reschedule a booking for personal reasons. If this should happen, your deposit will not be refunded but will be kept on file for any future booking.
9. There are several areas of the body that do not tattoo very well such as feet, hands, neck and joint areas. These areas may require several sittings and there will be a charge for any re-colouring on these areas. Please ask for advice on this to avoid disappointment.
There are currently 5 self-employed tattoo artists at Area 51 in Basingstoke, Hampshire, all of whom are highly skilled and have excellent portfolios. We don’t provide any pictures to choose from as the artists prefer to draw their own, unique work based on your specifications (custom tattooing). Therefore, we recommend that you bring some pictures in on your phone or dongle and speak to an artist to see what they can do.
Please be aware that there may be a waiting list. This will vary depending on the time of year.
Danielle has been tattooing 7 years, originally a stained glass and oil artist. She is self tought and her favorite styles of tattoo work are Mandala, Floral and symbolic tattoos.
Danielle will be doing WALK IN tattoos as well as bookings. If its a small to medium design then it can be done on a walk in basis. (subject to availability)
Text me on 07392 304266
Please feel free to fill out the tattoo enquiry form below. Please include photos where possible and please state where on the body you would like the tattoo and how big. We will endevour to reply within 2 days.
Ron has been tattooing 8 years. His crisp clean lines are second to none and his work has a great attention to detail. He loves to tattoo in a traditional style but can put his hand to most artwork. He creates one off pieces in his own style. WALKINS AVAILABLE TODAY!!! (Subject to availability)
Conor has been with the studio since May 2017. Conor has been studying under Alice Patten and is looking to start taking on clients of his own. He prefers to work with a more drawn up style (Neo-Traditional) and is currently charging apprentice rates at £30ph. To take a look at his work, please visit his instagram: colin_tattoos or look over his Facebook Page.